Many a times computers start rebooting automatically without any prior warning and it becomes hard to understand the reason causing it. Sometimes, Windows reboots continuously, and he warns please restart your computer. There can be many underlying causes. So I am going to tell you about how to solve Windows restarts and reboots issue in Windows?
If you know about windows troubleshooting then it’s very easier to understand that how to fix windows keeps restarting and reboots problems. Let us go through them and the suitable steps which can be taken to resolve them.
Table Of Contents
Software Related Issue
To solve the problem, one must know the origin of the problem, so let’s get to the point where the crashes contain some useful information. Software issue or error Windows are designed by the Microsoft to reboot automatically every time an error occurs. It is a good for errors that do not occur often, but for the users who face reoccurring error would like to identify the error to troubleshoot it.
Also, Check it: How to Troubleshoot Personal Computer System?
Below are the steps for this feature to disable or enable in Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.
- Press Win+R, and type sysdm.cpl, and click on OK.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
- Uncheck Automatically restart.
- Click on OK.
- From the Desktop, right-click on My Computer.
- Click the Properties option. In the System Properties window, click the Advanced tab or the Advanced system settings link.
- In Advanced, click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
- Under Start-up and Recovery window, uncheck the Automatically restart check box.
- Click OK.
Now when an error occurs in the computer, it should not automatically restart and should display an error message, most likely a BSoD.
- Also, check Write an event to the system log if it’s not already checked.
- From now on, your system won’t simply reboot when its unable to keep going. If Windows 10 is not the OS of the computer, the Blue Screen filled with intimidating text will appear. Microsoft calls this a Stop Error and is also known as The Blue Screen of Death (BSoD).
Also, Check it: How to Fix Windows Blue Screen Errors?
If the computer has Windows 10, redesigned BSoD in cyan color will appear. The needed clue is on the screen with pretty much clarity.
Hardware Related Error
- Any hardware component can be the cause of unexpectedly generate error or reboot without warning. If a new hardware device has been recently attempted to add, remove that device to make sure it is not causing your issues.
- Also, ensure that there are no hardware conflicts encountered by viewing Device Manager for errors.
- Recently installed new hardware drivers may trigger the error, get the information and help from drivers page or try an earlier version of such drivers.
- If the computer has a bad memory then updated drivers and removed hardware might cause random reboots to continue.
- Improperly installed hardware devices on the computer can also cause random reboots.
- Make sure all the cables and expansion cards are connected properly inside the computer. Best way to do this is to disconnect and reconnect all cables and expansion cards.
Also, Check it: Solution For Missing Hard Disk While Installing Windows
There are many computer viruses, like blaster virus, which are designed in such a way that they reboot the computer without warning every 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes after the computer startup. Computer viruses can always be removed by installing an antivirus program keep them up to date.
When the computer processor, video card, or other devices in the computer get too hot, the computers these days turn off or automatically reboot. Abnormal noises coming from the computer is a sign that the fan is failing and causing hardware components to overheat.
Examine and verify that the fan at the back of the computer on the power supply is working that is moving in general, fast and not wobbling or scraping against the insides of the power supply.
For rest of the fans like processor fan, video card fan, and case fans in the computer, open the computer and check if all fans are working. If opening the computer is not possible to use a temperature gun to help gauge hotness of the hardware components or integrated circuits present inside the computer.
After considering and eliminating all the previously mentioned reasons, the computer is still rebooted, then it is likely an issue with the Microsoft Windows operating system. It can be determined as follows:
Also, Check it: 5 Essential Setting after Fresh Windows Installation
- Reboot the computer and enter CMOS setup when the computer begins to boot up.
- After you have loaded the computer into the CMOS setup, let the computer idle for a few minutes. The computer does not reboot after idling in CMOS, try the other solutions on the given page, try activating a previous restore point in Windows before the problem started to occur. If activating a previous restore point does not work, or there are no restore points available to activate, there is a need to reinstall Microsoft Windows.
I have listed all possibilities of this issue in above. if you face some other issue then you can comment and you can ask your question. Thanks for reading. I hope that this article will help you to stop restarting problems in windows. Please share it.