No doubt, Avast Antivirus applications is one of the best protectors to the device nowadays. It provides many different features to protect your system including the online services and personal data as well.
In this article, we are going to share the details about how you can solve the Avast setup is already running problem.
Table Of Contents
Disallow the Avast Self-Defence Module
You can attempt to try disallowing the Avast Self-defence module, which comes along with the Avast Antivirus while installing. This module offers security to the Antivirus itself. Many users have been solved this issue by simply troubleshooting. So let’s check out the steps to fix this problem.
- Click and open the Avast software. After that, go to the “Settings” option on the Avast window.
- Find the “Troubleshooting” option on the Settings window and tap on it.
- You can navigate the option of “Enable Avast Self Defence Module”. Just uncheck the box and click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Later on, restart the computer and check whether this solution worked or not.
if your avast ui fail to load on windows even after these steps then try further.
Remove the Avast Utility
We have come through the feedback by many users who have uninstalled the Avast Utility, has fixed the issue. So, you can also try this method.
- First of all, you have to head to the given URL: www.avast.com/en-us/uninstall-utility
- You have to download the “avastclear.exe” to your system from that URL.
- After download gets finished, open the Avastclear.
- Then, do a right-click on the “Yes” button, and again click on the Yes option.
- It will restart your device and boot in safe mode.
- Now select the right version to uninstall and simply tap on the Uninstall button.
- At last, restart the PC to modify the changes. Now, look if the error still exists.
this is how you remove or uninstall avast antivirus on windows & mac computer.
Check for Corrupted Files
Sometimes this issue occurs because of corrupted files in your device. So, you need to check for those files to get this problem solved. Let’s see how to fix it.
- On the keyboard, press “Windows key + R” and it will head to the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” on the box and click on the OK button or press Enter. Or else you can directly go to the start button and search for cmd or Command Prompt.
- Once it gets opened, type c: cd\chkdsk testing line and taps the Enter button on your keyboard.
- It will start checking corrupted files inside the device and will remove it.
Fix issue by Task Manager
This is another method that follows to end up the instup.exe process that runs in the background. So, let’s discuss how it is done.
- Firstly, right-click on the Taskbar and then click and open Task Manager.
- Later check for “instup.exe” on the window. Now click on it and then tap on “End Task” on the right side.
- After doing that, it will prompt and ask you to update the Antivirus.
Repair the Avast software
If nothing works in the above given list then you can give a try on this method. You have to simply repair the Avast software with the help of below steps.
- Click on the Start button and search for Control Panel and open it.
- On the window’s top-right corner, change the view by the option to Category.
- Later on, find the option of “Uninstall a Program” below the Program and Features.
- From the list of programs, search for Avast application. After finding, right-click on it and select the Repair option.
Reinstall the Avast Application
If any methods fails to work on your system, then we will recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the application. Sometimes, this method work, so just follow the below process.
- From the Start button, click on the Control Panel button.
- Same as above, you again have to locate the view by option and change it to the Category option.
- Then go to Uninstall a Program option below the Programs and Features option.
- Find for Avast application and right-click on it. Then from the option choose Uninstall.
- Then it will get removed from your device, and it asks to restart your computer.
- After restarting, open the web browser and search for the Official page of Avast and download the application from there.
- After all, Install it again in your system and check the error that may have gone.
So, these are the useful steps that can you follow to get rid of the error “Avast setup is already running”. From now you will not be get annoyed by these things. Hope this article helped you with beneficial steps. in need of any help Please contact avast customer support number for help.