While installing the windows update, you may come across the error message “Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.” This is one of the issues you can come across while using your computer. And if you are facing this particular issue, then you have come to the right place. Here we have mentioned some troubleshooting methods to eradicate the issues for you to try.
Methods to fix “your device is missing important security and quality fixes” error.
Table Of Contents
Run Windows Update troubleshooter
Well, the first thing you should do is to run windows update troubleshooter and let Windows detect the issue. Here are the steps for you to follow.
- At first, you need to open the Setting.
- In the next step, select Update & Security option.
- Click on the Troubleshooter option.
- And then, select the Additional troubleshooter option.
- Next, you need to click on the Windows Update.
- Select Run the troubleshooter option.
- After that, you need to wait for a while and then go through the instructions to solve the problems
If this Methods works for then, you are good to go. But in case not then, try the other ones in a queue.
Reinstall the most recent Windows security updates
You may encounter this error code due to the previous broken Windows update. And if this is the case with you, then you are required to manually uninstall and reinstall the recent Windows security update. Go through the given steps to do it manually.
- First of all, go to your view update history.
- Once there, mark down the most recently installed update.
- Select Uninstall updates option.
- Go to the most recent update, and choose Uninstall option.
- Once it is removed, you need to reboot your system.
- After that, you are required to check for Windows updates again then reinstall the available updates.
Repair corrupted system files
Corrupted and damaged files are one of the possible reasons behind the issue. In many cases, you can resolve this issue by running the system file checker tool, this tool depends on the Windows Updates client as the repair source. If your Windows Update client isn’t performing normally, then you are not able to use this option. And to fix this error, you need to use some more powerful tool to repair your system.
To fix the issue, you can also enable the telemetry settings. But first, let’s know about the Microsoft Telemetry Settings.
Microsoft Telemetry collects data on how the system and the software are running and sends the data to Microsoft. On the off chance, the Telemetry setting is not enabled or set to “security-only”, then it will hinder the Windows updates. So, here is how you can enable the Telemetry setting.
- Firstly, you need to press the Windows key and R key simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter gpedit.msc in the box.
- Select OK.
- And then, go to Computer Configuration.
- Select Administrative Templates, then Windows Components.
- Click on the Data Collection and Previous Builds, then double click on the Allow Telemetry option.
- You need to select the Enabled option.
- Click on the Apply to save changes.
Update your device drivers
Another way to tackle this error is to update your device drivers. Sometimes outdated or faulty drivers cause you this error. So, to fix this, you need to update your device drivers. You can do this in two ways. The first way is to update the drivers manually. And for this, you need to go to the Device Manager.
Another way is to use the automatic driver update option. You can automatically update your driver with the help of Drive Easy. Drive Easy will recognize your system and install the correct drivers for your PC version.
Try all these Methods, and you may free yourself from the issue of how to fix your device that is missing important security and quality fixes. All the Methods are the best way to eradicate the error. So, try them out.